Monday, April 13, 2015

#MicroblogMondays: Odds & ends

*  I was grasping at straws for something to write about today. Thank goodness for bullets. ;) 
*  It is finally, FINALLY feeling like spring around here. Today was supposed to reach 20C/68F. I don't think it's quite there -- but we've been out walking, and everyone has been out raking their yards & washing their cars. About time!!!
*  It was dh's birthday this past weekend. BIL invited us over for a barbecue, and we got to spend some quality time with our nephews and their girlfriends. Made dh's day. :) 
*  On a sad note, there was a death in my extended family this past week -- my mother's cousin's wife, 62 years old. Way too young, and totally unexpected.
*  When I hear stories like this, it makes me feel less guilty about my earlier-than-planned retirement. Sometimes, life is just too damned short.

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.      

4 comments:

  1. Agreed ... life IS too short. And weekends like this one remind me to suck the marrow out of it while I can. Wishing you the gift of lovely spring weekends, and sending my thoughts of comfort to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your family member. It is a good reminder that we're not here forever.

    Happy birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sounds and sights of spring were present in my neighborhood over the weekend too. I agree with you-FINALLY!

    Happy Birthday to your DH! And I'm sorry for the loss of your family member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Condolences on the loss of your family member.

    I'm glad you got a taste of spring. And I have to tell you, some days I think of your retirement with more than a bit of envy! (In a good way, of course :-) )

    ReplyDelete